Area: Garhwal Himalayas
Season: March to November
Altitude: 4130 mts/13000 ft
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Duration: 8 Days
Categories: Rafting, Trekking, Uttrakhand
Tags: Treking in India, Trekking in Uttrakhand
Chandrashila Trek is one of the popular treks that can be undertaken round the year, in Garhwal Himalayas except during heavy snowing months of December & January. This is a beautiful trek, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate. The trek passes through forests and vast meadows, and offers excellent views of snow clad Himalayas.
We start from Okhimath, and pass through Deoria tal, Chopta and Tungnath to reach the summit of Chandrashila for an amazing view of the Himalayas. Maximum altitude reached would be around 3950 at the summit of Chandrashila.
The region is a protected sanctuary for musk deer, and is rich in flora and fauna. Our first camp at Deoria tal is near a pristine lake ringed with forest. The view of Chaukhamba peaks is one of the most prominent in the entire journey. We would be further camping in the meadows of Chopta, and then at Tungnath. Each camp site would offer excellent views to the Himalayan peaks.
Tungnath is famous for the highest temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Beyond Tungnath there is a small summit called Chandrashila which is a very beautiful vantage point to experience Himalayas in a wide spectrum. One would see the entire range in almost a 270 degrees of visibility, with peaks like Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Nanda devi and Trishul among the most prominent ones.
What is included in the tour
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), Veg. Only
- Twin sharing accommodation in tents.
- All camping gear, kitchen and mess arrangements.
- Manpower for cooking, portaging of luggage and equipment, rations, fuel, all en-route stay as described in the schedule
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportations is not included.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Mineral water
- Alcoholic drinks, refreshments/meals that is not mentioned explicitly in the above program
- Amazing Natural views of the Himalayas from Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Trekking & Camping awesome experience in Bhrigu Lake Trek.
- Get Facility Lockers, Wash and Changing room.
- Drive from Delhi to Rishikesh ( Distance 250 kms). Start early morning by 5 AM and aim to reach Rishikesh by afternoon. Check in at a beach camp, have lunch and after lunch enjoy rafting. Overnight at the camp with bonfire, unplugged music with friends.
- Drive from Rishikesh to Okhimath ( 7 hours ). Overnight guest house at Okhimath.
- Short drive to Sari village, from where the trek for today is up to Deoria Tal . The trek would be largely uphill, through village and forest. Deoria tal is a beautiful lake amidst thick forest. The reflection of Chaukhamba peaks in the lake is notable for photography enthusiasts. Overnight at Camp.
- Trek from Deoria tal to Banagher. The 4-5 hours walk would be through thick forest, and would delight nature lovers. Overnight at Camp.
Day 5 :
- Trek from Banagher to the higher meadows of Chopta. The trek would take us across Tikar khal to reach the vast meadows of Chopta. Overnight at Camp.
- Trek from Chopta to Tungnath and further to Chandrashila summit . Tungnath is famous for the highest Shiva Temple in the world. Enjoy 270 degrees of unobstructed view of snow clad Himalayas from the vantage point of Chandrashila. One can sight golden breasted eagles in this area. Return to Chopta camp for overnight.
- Drive from Chopta to Rishikesh ( 8-9 hours ), Check in at a beach camp, Have Dinner. Overnight at the camp with bonfire, for onwards journey.
- Drive from Rishikesh to Delhi.